"But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."
"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
"Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple."
"So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions."
(Luke 14:26, 27, 33)
You can't be a true disciple of Jesus Christ if you're still attached to the world.
- "A woman shall encompass a man" - What does this mean?
- Should we give to all beggars?
- Are there really "gray areas" in the Christian's life?
- Superstitions of the Roman Catholics
- God disciplines His children
- What does the Bible say about yoga?
- What does the word "Messiah" mean? Who is the Messiah?
- "I divorced and remarried... What is now the verdict of God's Word on me?"
- The submission of the wise woman to her ungodly husband
- Christ is not our ONLY High Priest, according to Mormon theology wp.me/pt9Sv-1br 6 years ago
- Total confusion concerning the Church and the New Covenant wp.me/pt9Sv-1bc 6 years ago
- A false argument from Archbishop Hughes against the baptism of all believers wp.me/pt9Sv-186 6 years ago
- Is God responsible for any man's lack of faith? wp.me/pt9Sv-16E 6 years ago
- No, Christ will not die tomorrow... wp.me/pt9Sv-15V 6 years ago
- "I divorced and remarried... What is now the verdict of God's Word on me?" wp.me/pt9Sv-15L 6 years ago
- Christian fasting vs Lent wp.me/pt9Sv-15c 6 years ago
- Dr. Steven Lawson on Being a TRUE Disciple wp.me/pt9Sv-14X 6 years ago
- The real reason behind Joseph Smith's lies wp.me/pt9Sv-14S 6 years ago
- The Book of Mormon fails the test of canonicity wp.me/pt9Sv-14M 6 years ago
- Question 7: What is God's Name? wp.me/pt9Sv-14G 6 years ago
- What the Bible says about Joseph Smith -- Was he a true prophet? wp.me/pt9Sv-14y 6 years ago
- Restoration of the Gospel? wp.me/pt9Sv-14s 6 years ago
- Are there inspired Scriptures that were lost? wp.me/pt9Sv-14n 6 years ago
- Mormons think they have the right to add to the closed Canon wp.me/pt9Sv-147 6 years ago
- Christian fasting vs Lent -- A clarification by John Calvin wp.me/pt9Sv-140 via @wordpressdotcom 6 years ago
- Doctrinal evil and moral evil wp.me/pt9Sv-13L 6 years ago
- An introduction to the Mormon misunderstanding of the Canon of Scripture wp.me/pt9Sv-13H 6 years ago
- A total misunderstanding of Election and Predestination, and of what sin is wp.me/pt9Sv-13h 6 years ago
- Will Christians participate in civil disobedience? wp.me/pt9Sv-138 6 years ago
Category Archives: With the Word
“The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.” (Proverbs 15:29) This verse in Proverbs, as well as many other passages in God’s Word, make it clear to the unrighteous or the wicked that … Continue reading
“For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.” (Romans 7:18) The flesh in the believer … Continue reading
“So that, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much rather in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you … Continue reading