"But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."
"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
"Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple."
"So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions."
(Luke 14:26, 27, 33)
You can't be a true disciple of Jesus Christ if you're still attached to the world.
- Should we give to all beggars?
- "A woman shall encompass a man" - What does this mean?
- Are there really "gray areas" in the Christian's life?
- "I divorced and remarried... What is now the verdict of God's Word on me?"
- Description of the ungodly man
- The Difference between operation science and origin science
- What does the word "Messiah" mean? Who is the Messiah?
- True brethren and false brethren
- Does "Abba" mean "Daddy"?
- Christ is not our ONLY High Priest, according to Mormon theology wp.me/pt9Sv-1br 6 years ago
- Total confusion concerning the Church and the New Covenant wp.me/pt9Sv-1bc 6 years ago
- A false argument from Archbishop Hughes against the baptism of all believers wp.me/pt9Sv-186 7 years ago
- Is God responsible for any man's lack of faith? wp.me/pt9Sv-16E 7 years ago
- No, Christ will not die tomorrow... wp.me/pt9Sv-15V 7 years ago
- "I divorced and remarried... What is now the verdict of God's Word on me?" wp.me/pt9Sv-15L 7 years ago
- Christian fasting vs Lent wp.me/pt9Sv-15c 7 years ago
- Dr. Steven Lawson on Being a TRUE Disciple wp.me/pt9Sv-14X 7 years ago
- The real reason behind Joseph Smith's lies wp.me/pt9Sv-14S 7 years ago
- The Book of Mormon fails the test of canonicity wp.me/pt9Sv-14M 7 years ago
- Question 7: What is God's Name? wp.me/pt9Sv-14G 7 years ago
- What the Bible says about Joseph Smith -- Was he a true prophet? wp.me/pt9Sv-14y 7 years ago
- Restoration of the Gospel? wp.me/pt9Sv-14s 7 years ago
- Are there inspired Scriptures that were lost? wp.me/pt9Sv-14n 7 years ago
- Mormons think they have the right to add to the closed Canon wp.me/pt9Sv-147 7 years ago
- Christian fasting vs Lent -- A clarification by John Calvin wp.me/pt9Sv-140 via @wordpressdotcom 7 years ago
- Doctrinal evil and moral evil wp.me/pt9Sv-13L 7 years ago
- An introduction to the Mormon misunderstanding of the Canon of Scripture wp.me/pt9Sv-13H 7 years ago
- A total misunderstanding of Election and Predestination, and of what sin is wp.me/pt9Sv-13h 7 years ago
- Will Christians participate in civil disobedience? wp.me/pt9Sv-138 7 years ago
""Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God." The great point, then, is, that we are consecrated and dedicated to God, and, therefore, should not henceforth think, speak, design, or act, without a view to his glory. What he hath made sacred cannot, without signal insult to him, be applied to profane use. But if we are not our own, but the Lord's, it is plain both what error is to be shunned, and to what end the actions of our lives ought to be directed. We are not our own; therefore, neither is our own reason or will to rule our acts and counsels. We are not our own; therefore, let us not make it our end to seek what may be agreeable to our carnal nature. We are not our own; therefore, as far as possible, let us forget ourselves and the things that are ours. On the other hand, we are God's; let us, therefore, live and die to him (Rom. 14:8). We are God's; therefore, let his wisdom and will preside over all our actions. We are God's; to him, then, as the only legitimate end, let every part of our life be directed. O how great the proficiency of him who, taught that he is not his own, has withdrawn the dominion and government of himself from his own reason that he may give them to God!"
Institutes of the Christian Religion Book 3, Chapter 7, Section 1